Friday, October 24, 2014

I Created (a) Monster!


I made this little guy for Digital Sculpting midterm exam! He still doesn't have a name yet, so I still call him Monster.  This is my first time making a digital sculpting of anything to a finish state, so I'm in a way proud of what I've done! *pats myself on the back*


The exam was a take home test. Now there are a few options in working this test: to make a full body or just a half-body one. Texturing was also optional. I decided to only make the half-body one. Knowing my character was a  bit plain, I feel the need to give this little guy a texture, so he became like this :)

I actually designed him to be a droopy-eyed kind of guy, but as the progress goes on, he somehow resembles Stitch. The assignment didn't ask for the early design sketch, so I just kept on going hahaha.

The software I used were ZBrush and Adobe Photoshop. In here I would like to post the step-by-step process!

And now... it's time for coloring, the process I love the most! It's so much fun because there are just sooo many options that lead to different results. It's somewhat difficult but that's what makes it so much fun! 
 
This is my favorite shot! It looks somehow like a movie poster,right? :)


And there's also another twinnie for this guy, it's like fiery version :) I like both of them, but because green was my the first color I thought of him, I choose green instead of red for the final version!



Hello, long lost twin brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment